Ok so I work at a bank..it’s great most days. I just wonder about people sometimes..
50 Things I have learned by being a bank teller
1. I know everyone in the world, so I never need to ask for ID.
2. ‘I’ll be with you in one moment,’ means ‘Come right up here into my business and breathe your popcorn breath in my face for a while.’
3. Every bank in the world steals money from its customers, particularly the ones that don’t keep a register.
4. I’m always kidding when I tell people a check is not any good. I’m a good kidder.
5. I know the balance of every account at the bank.
6. I am at the bank just because I feel like it; my window isn’t actually open when I say, ‘May I help you?’
7. I know everyone’s account number.
8. I know everyone’s address.
9. I don’t understand how banking works.
10. I have to do whatever the person who gave my customer the check said.
11. I don’t know how to count.
12. I don’t know how to add.
13. I don’t know what the date is.
14. I can read everyone’s mind.
15. If I ask for your social, Im trying to steal your identity.
16. I know when every new coin will be arriving.
17. I know how much everyones bills are for the month.
18. We dont sell stamps.
19. We are just here for fun on most holidays, were not really open. We love when you rub it in.
20. When someone asks how you want your cash back, you are supposed to tell them after you get your money back.
21. Apparently people have different definitions of commercial.
22. Your time is more important than mine. I have no life. When you show up 5 minutes before we close to make 10 deposits or open a new account, we dont mind.
23. Everyone with the Bank name tag is related.
24. I am also your secretary.
25. We love to place holds on your checks for fun, we are the only bank that does it.
26. 13 hours and 10 minutes is not enough time for people to do their business.
27. I am in charge of the never ending popcorn, smarties, and coffee.
28. It is polite to ignore someone when they say hello.
29. It is my fault when someone cuts you in line. I should have been paying attention to you and not your money.
30. I know what a checkingdepositwithdrawal for savings is.
31. Being rude should make me want to help you more.
32. I am not really human, I should not make mistakes.
33. It is okay to go into someones office when their door is shut.
34. I have a secret collection of licenses in my cubby.
35. I cant hear. I need you to ding the bell 5 times in a row.
36. The sign that says Next Window Please is just for decoration.
37. I make people wait on purpose, its fun to make them mad.
38. I know everyones pin number to their ATM card.
38. Fraud isnt real, I should give customers exactly what they want.
39. The coin machine is my favorite thing to do.
40. The bank gives out free poinsettias at Christmas, we order them for you, not the bank. Display only means whatever you want it to mean.
41. Please and Thank You are forbidden words at the bank. We hate to hear them.
42. Checking and Savings deposit slips are EXACTLY the same, we just like the color pink and wanted to make them more colorful. Marking through the word savings changes the deposit slip completely!
43. When I tell someone the same thing over and over, Im just doing it for fun. I like to waste my breath.
44. We will break the rules for anybody as long as you gripe for more than 10 minutes.
45. I am a professional coin counter. Even when the machine is broken, I will count the coin for you by hand!
46. I am psychic; when you call I can recognize your voice and pull up your information. My computer is voice activated. Its that fancy technology we have.
47. You dont have to tell me that youve been with the bank for 50 years… I can tell.
48. Even after 4 years, I am a new teller to anyone who has never seen me before. If Ive never met you, I have no idea what Im doing.
49. I make the rules for the banking industry. You can blame everything on me!
50. I’m an idiot.